coronavirus – Covid19
We rely upon the recommendations and the professional expertise of our local and state officials during this health emergency and will relay the best information possible to local business owners.
Local, State & Other News
- Governor Baker’s List of COVID-19 Essential Services – 3/31/2020
- Senator Jason Lewis: Resources for Residents
- Senator Jason Lewis: Resources for Small Businesses
- Subscribe to Winchester Town Alerts
- COVID-19 Contact Information for Winchester Resources
- Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Virtual Town Halls
- Emergency Order Regarding Non-Essential Businesses (3/23/2020)
- Covid-19 Essential Services (3/23/2020)
- Important Unemployment Information (3/19/2020)
- Emergency Order Regarding Personal Services(3/18/2020)
- Governor Baker Closes Mass. Schools, Bans Mid-Size Gatherings, Eating at Restaurants Over Coronavirus (3/16/2020)
- Massachusetts Issues Policies and Procedures Restricting Visitors to Nursing Homes and Rest Homes to Reduce Risk of Coronavirus (3/11/2020)
- Governor Baker Declares State of Emergency to Support Commonwealth’s Response to Coronavirus (3/10/2020)
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Information Page Contains daily updates and reports on current cases in Massachusetts, printable fact sheets, measures being taken by state government.
- Tracking dashboard from Johns Hopkins
- Anti inflammatory drugs may aggravate coronavirus infection : when possible patients should take paracetamol rather than ibuprofen or cortisone
Resources for Businesses & Non Profit
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act (04/02/2020)
- Paycheck Protection Program — Overview
- Graphic – Small Business Loans Side by Side Comparison Chart
- “CARES” Act frequently asked questions on the Paycheck Protection Loan Program
- Bipartisan Agreement on “CARES”Act Phase_3 (03/25)
- Small Businesses & Non-Profits resources during the COVID-19 Emergency – Sen. Jason Lewis (FB page updated daily)
- National Town Hall: What the $2 Trillion Stimulus Means for Your Business
- Small business resources COVID-19 – Sen. Jason Lewis (last updated 03/25)
- MASSHire Metro North Workforce board – COVID-19 Update
- Free NFIB Webinar: How Small Business, Workers, and Workplaces Should Respond to COVID-19 (3/12/2020)
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Developed by the Small Business Association and includes information around the following areas:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- SBA Products and Resources
- SBA Coronavirus Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Government Contracting
- Local Assistance
- COVID-19 Loan Fund
COVID-19 Safety and Health Standards, Control & Prevention An overview of information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak. Includes links to OSHA standards, control and prevention, by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Coronavirus Resource Page A resource page by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, including links to Resilience in a Box and Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Quick Guides.
Other Resources: Preparing and Responding to Coronavirus
Pandemic Guidance A brief outline of how to prepare before and respond during a pandemic by Ready.gov, official website of the Department of Homeland Security.
Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) CDC recommended guidance for employers, including advice for developing a response plan and steps that all employers can implement now. Based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (Feb 2020)
Key planning recommendations for Mass Gatherings in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak: Interim guidance A guide outlining key planning considerations for organizers of mass gatherings in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak, by the World Health Organization (WHO) (Feb 14, 2020)
Understanding the Coronavirus – Webinar about the impact of coronavirus on the private sector and how companies should consider their response, hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (Jan 27, 2020)
Coronavirus (COVID-19): What You Need to Know – Free webinar hosted by Baker Donelson to learn about how you can safeguard your business from the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak.
After Travel Precautions – To slow the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) into the United States, CDC is working with state and local public health partners to implement after-travel health precautions.
Corona Virus Resource Guide A resource guide by NC Chamber