coronavirus – Covid19
We rely upon the recommendations and the professional expertise of our local and state officials during this health emergency and will relay the best information possible to local business owners.
Recent Updates for Businesses & Non Profits
- Restaurant and Lodging guidance
- Town of Winchester Reopening Resources
- Covid-19 Control Template and checklist for Reopening Business
- Reopening Massachusetts–Phase One Summary (2)Reopening Massachusetts–
- Phase One SummaryPer Industry Phase I reopening State Guidelines And Checklists
- Counsel through Covid-19 : Free Legal Consultation
- Please note that Winchester has a face covering advisory in place. More information at https://www.winchester.us/598/Face-Covering-Advisory
- Face Covering sign for businesses Sign Template for Face Covering and Social Distancing FINAL
- Certified Nursing Assistants sharing proper hand washing procedure
- Restaurants are being approved by the Board of Health to sell food in bulk. Please contact the BOH for requirements and permitting (fees are being waived for the temporary permit).
- Town meeting warrant closed, waiting on remote legislation
- PPPL & EIDL Additional Stimulus Funds – Loan Information (4/27)
- Pandemic Unemployment Insurance (PUA) now available (4/20)
- Leader Bank and Needham Bank may still be accepting applications from non-customers
- PayPal is accepting Paycheck Protection Program Loan applications
- Intuit/QuickBooks accepting Paycheck Protection Program Loan applications soon.
- Funding Circle is now approved to issue loans under the PPPL
- Big Companies offering Additional Business Relief Options
- Save Small Business Grant – see if your business qualifies
- Department of Unemployment Notice to Employers on Filing Q1 Taxes
- Delivery Zones have been set up downtown for convenient pick up of essential goods
- The Select Board officially voted to move the due date for this quarter’s real estate taxes from May 1 to June 1.
- Interest and penalties will be waived for late real estate taxes, water and sewer bills or excise tax incurred from now until June 30th.
- Spring Meeting postponed until June 8, 2020 at Winchester High School at 6:30 pm
- Town Elections postponed until June 20, 2020
- Latest IRS Updates on Coronavirus Tax Relief
- Real Estate Order for In Person Showings (4/10)
- Mass Cultural Council Relief Fund for Creative and Innovated Individuals (4/10)
- Restaurants Permitted to Sell Alcohol with Take-Out Food Orders (4/3)
SBA Loan Information – “CARES” Act
Check SBA Lending Updates
On April 16, 2020 the Phase 1 funds have been depleted.
Continue to apply for loans for consideration in the next Funding Phase.
- Phase 1 of the PPPL funds have been exhausted
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act (04/02/2020)
- SBA Loans – Comparison Chart
- Bipartisan Agreement on “CARES” Act-Phase_3_(3/25)
Paycheck Protection Program Loan (PPPL)
- Paycheck Protection Program — Overview
- SBA Approved Lenders (4/13)
- “CARES” Act frequently asked questions on the Paycheck Protection Loan Program
Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
Where to get help
Resources for Businesses & Non Profit
- US Chamber of Commerce (USCC) Employee Retention Tax Credit information
- Small Businesses & Non-Profits resources during the COVID-19 Emergency – Sen. Jason Lewis (FB page updated daily)
- National Town Hall: What the $2 Trillion Stimulus Means for Your Business
- Small business resources COVID-19 – Sen. Jason Lewis (last updated 03/25)
- MASSHire Metro North Workforce board – COVID-19 Update
- Free NFIB Webinar: How Small Business, Workers, and Workplaces Should Respond to COVID-19 (3/12/2020)
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Developed by the Small Business Association and includes information around the following areas:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- SBA Products and Resources
- SBA Coronavirus Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Government Contracting
- Local Assistance
- COVID-19 Loan Fund
COVID-19 Safety and Health Standards, Control & Prevention An overview of information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak. Includes links to OSHA standards, control and prevention, by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Coronavirus Resource Page A resource page by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, including links to Resilience in a Box and Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Quick Guides.
Local, State & Other News
- Video Conference Call with Senator Lewis (4/9)
- Governor Baker’s List of COVID-19 Essential Services – 3/31/2020
- Senator Jason Lewis: Resources for Residents (4/13)
- Senator Jason Lewis: Resources for Small Businesses (4/13)
- Subscribe to Winchester Town Alerts
- COVID-19 Contact Information for Winchester Resources
- Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Virtual Town Halls
- Emergency Order Regarding Non-Essential Businesses (3/23/2020)
- Covid-19 Essential Services (3/23/2020)
- Important Unemployment Information (3/19/2020)
- Emergency Order Regarding Personal Services(3/18/2020)
- Governor Baker Closes Mass. Schools, Bans Mid-Size Gatherings, Eating at Restaurants Over Coronavirus (3/16/2020)
- Massachusetts Issues Policies and Procedures Restricting Visitors to Nursing Homes and Rest Homes to Reduce Risk of Coronavirus (3/11/2020)
- Governor Baker Declares State of Emergency to Support Commonwealth’s Response to Coronavirus (3/10/2020)
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Information Page Contains daily updates and reports on current cases in Massachusetts, printable fact sheets, measures being taken by state government.
- Tracking dashboard from Johns Hopkins
- Anti inflammatory drugs may aggravate coronavirus infection : when possible patients should take paracetamol rather than ibuprofen or cortisone
Other Resources: Preparing and Responding to Coronavirus
Pandemic Guidance A brief outline of how to prepare before and respond during a pandemic by Ready.gov, official website of the Department of Homeland Security.
Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) CDC recommended guidance for employers, including advice for developing a response plan and steps that all employers can implement now. Based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (Feb 2020)
Key planning recommendations for Mass Gatherings in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak: Interim guidance A guide outlining key planning considerations for organizers of mass gatherings in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak, by the World Health Organization (WHO) (Feb 14, 2020)
Understanding the Coronavirus – Webinar about the impact of coronavirus on the private sector and how companies should consider their response, hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (Jan 27, 2020)
Coronavirus (COVID-19): What You Need to Know – Free webinar hosted by Baker Donelson to learn about how you can safeguard your business from the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak.
After Travel Precautions – To slow the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) into the United States, CDC is working with state and local public health partners to implement after-travel health precautions.
Corona Virus Resource Guide A resource guide by NC Chamber