The Waterfield Kitchen (TWK) located in downtown Winchester, is currently seeking hosts and food runners to assist the servers and front of house team. This is a wonderful job for someone seeking a part time, flexible position or for someone who is looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the hospitality industry with the goal of moving into a tipped or management position.
If you love the thrill of a fast paced atmosphere, enjoy moving on your feet while you work, and consider yourself to be a warm, gracious individual who has a knack for making folks feel welcome, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The restaurant itself is beautifully designed featuring two floors and two unique spaces, each with its own bar. The menu features contemporary, casual cuisine with locally- sourced ingredients and creative sushi. The cocktails are fresh and exciting, the wine menu is superb, and we have a great selection of craft beers. And most importantly, we have an amazing team and a supportive, fun and friendly work environment.
Responsibilities of the Host:
- Greet guests as they come through our doors and bring them to their tables, taking care to rotate through the server’s sections evenly so as not to overwhelm any one team member
- Manage a wait list using Yelp SeatMe (an online reservation and floor plan management system)
- Answer phones, receive take-out orders and answer guest questions
- Place take-out orders in our computer system, Micros
- Assist the servers as necessary
- Communicate effectively with the team in both the front and back of the house
- Use strategic thinking to accommodate guests as quickly as possible
Requirements of the Host Position:
- Positive attitude
- Ability to maintain grace under fire and keep one’s head in a busy, dynamic environment
- A natural enjoyment of conversing with people and an ability to make people feel welcome and comfortable when they enter the restaurant
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in customer service is desired, but isn’t required
Compensation and Benefits
- Flexible Schedule
- Hourly Pay + Take-Out Tips
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Superb health and dental benefits for full time employees with an excellent employer contribution to health
- Excellent discount program within ALL the Serenitee Restaurant Group locations
- Meal benefits
- Paid Sick Time
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Superb growth opportunities for career and financial advancement – 60% of our managers were promoted from within!
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org