Don’t just bounce – LAUNCH! We are more than a trampoline park. Launchis a family entertainment center that offers fun for all ages. With 13 amazing attractions, stocked arcade games with full redemption, Birthday Parties, Specialty Events, and Krave! fresh made pizza & more!
Author: Winchester Chamber of Commerce
January 11th Newsletter: https://conta.cc/3owMALn
January 25th Newsletter: https://conta.cc/2YeXmes
February 8th Newsletter: https://conta.cc/2YThdQG
February 22nd Newsletter: https://conta.cc/3dzpSA7
March 8th Newsletter: https://conta.cc/3ejLS2y
March 22nd Newsletter: https://conta.cc/39bCEBQ
April 2nd Newsletter: https://conta.cc/3fIAzld
April 19th Newsletter: https://conta.cc/2RQla8v
May 10th Newsletter: https://conta.cc/33w3txx
June 2nd Newsletter: https://conta.cc/3yZ75GX
August 30th Newsletter: https://conta.cc/3yv3Up1
A great message for today, visit Carolyn at The Nolan Group for financial advice
Winchester Public Library is offering this free webinar to help small business cope during the pandemic.
If you need small business assistance the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) can help!
This program is designed to help entrepreneurs understand the various SBA programs and services available to help them as they start, expand, grow, and recover their businesses and includes updates on how to cope during the pandemic.
Register online for the Zoom link at https://winpublib.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/virtual-starting-and-growing-a-business-the-sba-advantage/
Speakers: Michelle Simoes, Procurement Specialist with Massachusetts Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) and Lisa Gonzalez Welch, Economic Development Specialist with the Massachusetts District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration
Winchester Chamber of Commerce Associate Director
The Winchester Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and serving local businesses. The Associate Director is a part-time hourly position responsible for administrative tasks, fundraising support and membership interaction
The primary objective is to enthusiastically support Chamber initiatives, establish new business relationships and provide outstanding service to over 200 members with various business needs.
- Collaborate 1:1 with Executive Director implementing Chamber initiatives
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls and email
- Provide administrative and creative support for all Chamber activities, fundraising and community events
- Produce email blasts as needed to promote Chamber initiatives
- Maintain communication and follow-up with members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Preserve membership levels with timely invoicing and follow up
- Interface with member businesses through social media platforms
- Increase followers on two main social media platforms: Facebook and Instagram
- Create bi-monthly membership e-newsletter
- Engage new business prospects from cold calling through to membership sign up
- Maintain membership database
- Update Chamber website pages and events
- Work effectively with Board of Directors, Town Officials and members
- Generate brief reports and event summaries
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge with Outlook, Excel, Word, Constant Contact
- Knowledge of Word Press preferred
- Advanced social media capabilities desired
- Ability to develop and build strong relationships
- Comfortable with cold calling member prospects
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Remote capability required
Please email resume and apply to Executive Director, Cathy Alexander: email@example.com
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 10th and Dr. Capek has a beautiful special that’s just a phone call away: 781-729-3150 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Replenishing Stimulus Funds
The President signed new legislation to provide relief and stimulus in light of COVID-19. This legislation is a $484B package which will replenish the dollars in the SBA’s PPP and EIDL programs, as well as provide additional funding for hospitals and coronavirus testing.
The Paycheck Protection Program will receive an additional $310B to offer relief to small businesses. Of this total, $60B will be set aside to fund PPP loans made by small and community financial institutions to reach underbanked communities. We will share additional information on which financial institutions are eligible for this set aside funding as it becomes available.
Next steps for businesses:
- The SBA will accept PPP applications from lenders beginning Monday, April 27th at 10:30 am. It is critically important that we all encourage the small businesses in our communities to work with their lender to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program as soon as possible.
- Businesses can access the SBA’s Find A Lender tool or consult the SBA Massachusetts District Office’s list of participating Paycheck Protection Program lenders.
- The SBA will offer virtual sessions to support small businesses all week. Sign up for SBA email updates to receive notice of these programs. Businesses should also consult SBA Resource Partners, who offer remote counseling and coaching.
The Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Loan Advance offerings have also received additional funding through this legislation, totaling $60B ($50B for the EIDL program and $10B for the Loan Advance).
- Using SBA data, HED has published this list of institutions that provided loans to Massachusetts companies in the first round of the Paycheck Protection Program.
- The list also includes all entities that appeared on the SBA’s approved lenders list, which was last updated on April 13, 2020.
- Lenders on this list are categorized by asset level, so businesses can easily identify which institutions will be eligible for the $60 billion carve out. We have also noted which of these lenders are state- chartered institutions.
In addition to the CARES Act PPPL and EIDL programs, listed here are more relief options that may be helpful to your business needs.
- Yelp is offering advertising credits for small, independently owned restaurants and bars.
- In partnership with Verizon, the digital fundraising and advocacy platform Hello Alice is offering emergency grants of up to $10,000 for companies impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Google is offering $340 million in advertising grants for small- and medium-size businesses, a credit that will be added automatically to Google Ads accounts.
- Verizon has allocated $5 million to the Local Initiatives Support Corporation to distribute via grants to small businesses. The first round of grant applications is closed but will reopen in mid-April, and you can register to be notified on their website.
- GoFundMe has partnered with Intuit QuickBooks, Yelp, GoDaddy, and Bill.com to give small businesses a $500 grant if they raise at least $500 on GoFundMe.
- The US Chamber of Commerce is offering a $5,000.00 Save Small Business grant to qualifying businesses
- SheaMoisture launched a $1 Million Fund to support entrepreneurs of color. Applications open 4/8 and have a quick turnaround.
- Spanx Red Backpack fund is a $5 Million fund targeting women entrepreneurs. Applications opened 4/6.
- Facebook is offering $100 Million in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 small businesses. More information can be found here.
- Verizon has donated $2.5 million to the national nonprofit Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC). LISC is targeting grants up to $10,000 to entrepreneurs of color and women-owned businesses. To register for the mid-April round of funding, click here.
- Hello Alice is offering $10,000 grants to help small business owners. For more information about those grants and other small business resources, click here
- Microsoft is providing six months of Office 365 tools for free to enable remote collaboration, file sharing and video conferencing. For more information, click here
- Tory Burch Foundation has a useful list of resources (for both funding and advice) for small businesses that can be found here.